Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Ultimate Choice

It follows me, the clink
In my every word
With my every step
I drag my feet
Bearing its constant weight
It smells of rust
May be its metal
Or the reek of my wounded dreams
But metal can it be
For corrosion doesn’t weaken it
Instead, it eats me off
Still, I trudge my path
With a masquerading smile
Hoping for a savior, an elixir


The aroma of Freedom
So pure, so divine
It entices me
It must taste of honey,
Of enlivening raindrops,
Might feel like a soothing breeze
Of silky moonlit night
It teases me in livid dreams
Pushes me to break my shackles
And fly to distant horizon
Which promises me my heaven



Then I shudder with fear
What if it’s a mirage?
Can these chains be
Binding me against
An insidious storm?
What if the horizon
Lays a devil’s trap?
A black hole it might be
Never giving me back
To this world I dwell in
But then my soul
Tells me to decide
Either live dying or die living
For once I close my eyes
Trusting my instincts this time
I make my ultimate choice
And finally… open my eyes

No comments: