Thursday, July 31, 2014

Brief encounters: Elevator hunk

Like every morning I boarded the elevator dreading office as usual, when a distinctly handsome guy entered the same lift. So you know how it is always good to have a room with a view, the universe had strategically placed me at one such spot inside that 15 people carrier. Like a shy indian girl, I secretly admired him for an eternity of a few seconds, wondering if he by any chance he was in my company. His ironed formals told me that he was definitely not from Google, and lack of a blazer confirmed he wasn't from Michael Page either. He could be in Oracle or Amex but then we had passed those floors. While I was busy playing Sherlock, he spoke up. 


"I saw Ek Villian last night", he told his friend.

Everything stopped.

"How was it?" His friend asked.

I looked at him, like we look at our tv screens when all our focus is intently glued to the third umpire's decision on whether Dhoni was run out or not.

"Amazing movie dude. Really liked it"

I looked at him closely to find any signs of sarcasm, but there were none. Ting! The lift had arrived at my destination and that was my cue to end this disappointing journey. Defeated,  I stepped out and watched the doors of the lift close like curtains closing on a play God scripted to tease me and amuse Himself. Couldn't help but look up to the grey sky of concrete to congratulate Him "well played! You know I hate you right?"

I think I got LOLed by Him.

Moral of the story: Dikhave pe mat jao, apni akal lagao

7 comments:

Shely said...

Haha! Totally Awesome!!
(Sigh..) The games Mr God likes to play..

Disha said...

I know right! :P

Dear Knots said...

Haha.. Perfect mix of KLPD & Sasti Khushiyan.. Anyways, nicely expressed.. For once I am laughing in a public place! :)

You know what, honestly, in some ways you inspired me to write today! Keep them coming (y)

Disha said...

Thanks Pulkit!! :D

crazyash said...

This is what happens when I check out a guy-
I elbow my friend hard in her ribs and direct her towards the boy I am ogling at present....we share a smile...I look back to my object of attraction...the boy opens his mouth...and I turn towards my friend saying, "yes, what were we talking about?"

Disha said...

Hahaha.. That's clever and fun ;)

Unknown said...

I can see how the pressure of arrange marriage is playing on you ;-)