Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Staying Alive


College days are the Golden Days... crap. When you are in JIIT, it becomes the greatest challenge for you to survive through it. After all the lectures, assignments, minors and not to forget, the gruelling projects, you can actually feel each and every nerve of your brain pumping. Yet we stand nowhere... thanks to our curriculum. So, to abate my miseries as a JIITian, I am here to share a few of my experiences with all the readers. All the engineering students may actually empathize with us.

(Psst.. the names are changed)


Languishing in Prof.Kumar's lecture at thirty five past two, post lunch, I was wondering if there is an Almighty who is watching us struggle against the most apathizing lecture of our life.

I appreciate the great effort and perseverance of my colleagues who are here to share this life-time experience with me. All of us now surely have a story of survival to tell our kids. If there is anyone who could understand us in this whole lecture hall, its us. All for one and one for all.


I could very well understand what my fellow mates are going through by their helpless expressions. Arti flaking off, Priya sitting in front of the prof and trying her best to read her novel. Kiran and Adi, on my left, were trying to salvage themselves with music, it was Kiran's ipod actually. Dev on my otherside is fighting to crack problems on ELECTRICAL CIRCUITS!!! Sitting calmly, I am trying to capture this desolating moment in my diary, trying to cash up my vocab. This is just about the five of us. But the air of boredom truely permeates through the hall.

There are some people who are a real pain in the neck, like, Ms. Doubtfire. She had an ulterior motive in coming to this lecture and listening to it.... Oil-firing the torture. That female is actually putting up her doubts!!! Well, I too had a doubt.. What the hell are we doing here???

I guess, we, the students, must always be prepared for this slaughter since the day we join this institute.

While I was about to spill some more ink on this paper, the scheduled 50 minutes of the lecture were up. This rose our restlessness to leave the lecture hall. Just then Arti shouts, "Time up", though in a low-fi, but loud enough to bring a sigh of relief to everyone.

BUT BUT BUT... Kumar still refuses to give up. Its his race against time. I feel like yelling "Is there a MAN in this hall who can stop this inhumane execution of our emotions???". I think I know the answer...

Its ten minutes since the lecture's time got over and we are still here. Helpless and appalled.

No comments: